1. We will respond as people of faith to issues, crises and concerns that arise in Greater New Haven, the nation and the world through education and action.
2. We will engage in direct service to those in need through fundraising, recruiting volunteers, connecting faith communities with our programs and affiliates, and supporting new initiatives which fit our core mission and values.
3. We will work intentionally at building interfaith relationships.
4. Where we find common ground, we will proactively speak, from the context of our faith traditions, on issues of concern to Greater New Haven, the nation and the world.
5. We will disseminate information on activities of our member congregations, affiliates and programs that reflect ICM’s core values and mission.
INTERFAITH COOPERATIVE MINISTRIES
1. Our activities and relationships will aim to strengthen our individual faith communities in Greater New Haven.
2. We will endeavor to promote understanding across faith traditions and to develop a better understanding of how best to work with each of our faith traditions.
3. We are committed to working together in support of those who are poor and disenfranchised.
4. We are committed to thoughtful, faithful listening and discussion.
5. We agree that we may disagree and still remain in relationship.
6. We are committed to honoring diversity in all its manifestations.
7. We believe that our differences enrich our lives and that we will seek out common ground as we work together.
8. We will seek to find common ground in the context of our faith traditions as we engage important issues and concerns.