Common Ground is a center for environmental learning and leadership located at the base of New Haven's West Rock Ridge State Park. Our mission is to cultivate havits of healthy living and sustainable environmental practice within a diverse community of children, young people, and adults. Common Ground accomplishes this mission through three connected efforts:
1) Common Ground High School, the nation's oldest environmental charter school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful environmental leaders
2) An Environmental Education Center, connecting city residents to the natural world through a wide range of environmental education programs for children and the community
3) An urban farm and unique 20-acre site, modeling sustainability and contributing thousands of pounds of fresh, local produce to the community.
Over the next three years, we aim to reach the following goals -- and have launched the Campaign for Common Ground to put them within reach:
- Grow our high school from 165 to 225 students
- Engage 50% more community members -- 12,000 per year -- in our environmental programs
- Double farm production to 10,000 pounds of food per year
For more details regarding the organization's financial information, select the financial tab and review available comments.
View Financial Details