Common Ground's mission is to cultivate habits of healthy living and sustainable environmental practice within a diverse community of children, young people, adults, and families. We accomplish this mission through:
- The nation's oldest environmental public charter high school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful environmental leaders
- An environmental education center, connecting city residents to the natural world and the sources of their food
- An urban farm, modeling sustainability and contributing thousands of pounds of fresh, local produce to the community
The Campaign for Common Ground: Our Vision
With your help, Common Ground will begin a new growing season. Together, we will:
- Plant seeds - doubling farm production, and making sure ever serving of food feeds a stronger community
- Change lives - growing our community programs to reach 15,000 children and adults each year
- Grow leaders - expanding Common Ground High School to reach 225 students
In the coming year, we will lay the groundwork to achieve these goals. This fall, we broke ground on a new school building, eligible for LEED Gold or Platinum status.The building will provide the learning environment our students deserve, and will create a welcoming new home for many of our children’s and community programs. Around this building, we will grow new habitat gardens and outdoor classrooms, model low-impact design, and make critical renovations to our current building.
The Campaign for Common Ground will raise $9.6 million to achieve these goals. The State of Connecticut and the City of New Haven have contributed nearly $8 million. Individuals, businesses, and foundations have donated $1.7 million. In four months beween March and June, we need your help to raise the $400,000 we need to reach out goal.
For more details regarding the organization's financial information, select the financial tab and review available comments.
View Financial Details