In 2013, Common Ground is dedicating all Great Give
contributions to The Campaign for Common Ground. Please help us take our most significant step forward since our founders broke ground 20 years ago.
Common Ground's mission is to cultivate habits of healthy living and sustainable environmental practice within a diverse community of children, young people, and adults. We accomplish this mission through:
- The nation's oldest environmental public charter school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful environmental leaders
- An environmental education center, connecting city residents to the natural world and the sources of their food
- An urban farm, modeling sustainability and contributing thousands of pounds of fresh, local produce to the community
The Campaign for Common Ground: Our Vision
With your help, Common Ground will begin a new growing season. Together, we will:
- Plant seeds - doubling farm production, and making sure ever serving of food feeds a stronger community
- Change lives - growing our community programs to reach 12,000 children and adults each year
- Grow leaders - expanding Common Ground High School to reach 225 students
In the coming year, we will lay the groundwork to achieve these goals. This fall, we will break ground on a new school building, eligible for LEED Platinum status.The building will provide the learning environment our students deserve, and will create a welcoming new home for many of our children’s and community programs. Around this building, we will grow new habitat gardens and outdoor classrooms, model low-impact design, and make critical renovations to our current building.
The Campaign will raise $10.2 million to achieve these goals. We have raised the $8.1 million in public support we need. Individuals, businesses, and foundations have contributed $1.5 million. We launch this community campaign -- and join in the Great Give -- to raise the $600,000 we need to complete this project.
For more details regarding the organization's financial information, select the financial tab and review available comments.
View Financial Details