Over the last few years the Chorus has had many successes including the following:
· In 2007 , the Chorus performed Handel’s Messiah with professional singers and orchestra for which the Chorus received positive reviews.
· In February 2009, The Chorus held a very successful food drive for the Wallingford Emergency Shelter and collected a van filled with food and groceries for the shelter.
· The Chorus partnered with another community based singing group, “For the Fun of It” to provide a well attended and reviewed 2009 winter concert.
· We have developed a successful high school intern program.
· The Chorus launched a new web site,www.wallingfordchorus.org
· In 2010, the Chorus celebrated its fortieth anniversary. To mark this anniversary, the Chorus sponsored a composition contest and was honored to present the world premiere performance of “The Lamp of Life” by the contest winner, Christina Whitten-Thomas.
· In 2014 we hired a new Artistic Director, Matthew Campisi, and we look forward to exciting new concerts and further community outreach.
· In the spring 2009 concert, we invited Mayor William Dickinson to read passages and poetry related to the songs we performed in a patriotic themed performance.
· We have participated in past years at Celebrate Wallingford and sponsored a booth to increase our visibility and to sell fundraising items.
· In the Spring of 2010, we held a raffle and raised approximately $1500 from ticket sales after a local car dealership donated a motor scooter to the Chorus.
· We have reached out to local merchants and the Wallingford Senior Center to sell tickets to our concerts .
· We designed and sold more than 200 copies of a Chorus cookbook and over 300 wine glasses in celebration of our fortieth anniversary.
· We have contacted local newspapers and had photos and interviews with Chorus members published in an effort to advertise for new members and to publicize our concerts.
· The Wallingford Park and Recreation department publishes information on membership in its brochures.
· We hang posters throughout the community prior to our concerts.
· We are part of the Meriden Arts Council and our information is available through this organizations brochures and web based event listings.
· We advertise for new members nationally through ChoralNet.org
· Every year the Chorus sings carols at the annual Wallingford Holiday Parade and tree lighting event.
· We participated in the Wallingford CT 2010 Holiday Stroll, singing carols throughout downtown Wallingford at the various merchants.
· For the 2011-2012 season, we are intending to sing once again with the Wallingford Symphony and we are hoping to present a Spanish themed winter concert. We are reaching out to the Spanish Community of Wallingford to participate in this concert.
· We hope in the coming year to find additional performing activities including mini concerts in the schools and senior center and possibly rehearsing in a public venue to increase community awareness and interest in the Chorus.
As for me, volunteering for the chorus is a way I can give back to my community by doing something about which I am passionate. For me, Wallingford Chorus provides an artistic outlet and a circle of long-standing friendships. The Chorus adds a much-needed element to the cultural vibrancy of the Wallingford and Greater Wallingford Communities.
Indirect Public Support HelpIndirect public support represents revenue received through solicitation campaigns. This includes funding United Way and other federated fundraising organizations, but does not include donor designated contributions.
Earned Revenue HelpEarned revenue represents income generated in direct exchange for a product or service.Earned income includes income from government contracts.
Greater New Haven is home to a thriving arts community that includes theatre, music, dance and the visual arts. It is invested in its museums, historic preservation and the celebration of its members’ ethnic and cultural diversity.
70 Audubon Street
New Haven, CT 06150
(203) 777-2386 giveGreater@cfgnh.org
© 2015 The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven. All Rights Reserved. Contact | Terms & Conditions | Privacy